Pioneering Women and Men in European Adult Education (19th and early 20th Centuries)
Paris, 4-6 July 2018
The seminar is co-organised by the ESREA network History of adult education and training in Europe,
the Research Centre Cerlis (host institution), the French association for research on History of adult education and training Gehfa.
The seminar will be held at the Faculté des sciences humaines et sociales - Sorbonne of the University Paris Descartes.
This seminar is intended as an intensive intellectual exchange and mutual learning based on:
- dissemination of the papers prior to the seminar
- presentation by each author of his/her key ideas within 15 minutes
- comments by a discussant (chosen within the group of participants) during 15 minutes followed by
- general discussion, when the author can respond to the comments of the discussant and other participants
Full papers should be sent by June 10th.
The papers will be delivered to participants of the seminar by e-mail by June 13th.
Seminar Programme (click on the picture)
- Schedule: From Wednesday 4 July at 2 pm to Friday 6 July at 4 pm
- The programme includes a visit to Parisian historical locations of adult education
- Venue: Centre Universitaire, 45 rue des Saint-Pères, 75006 Paris
- Room: J536 (Bâtiment Jacob, 5th floor)
- Metro: Saint-Germain des Prés (ligne 4) or Mabillon (ligne 10) or Rue du Bac (Ligne 12)
- RER (fast subway): Musée d'Orsay (a little farther)
- Many hotels or altenative accomodations are available close to the seminar venue or elsewhere (by metro in Paris intra muros, journeys do not exceed 30 minutes)
- The fee (50 euros) should be paid by 31 May.
- The payment is possible by checks or Bank Transfer. More information will be sent by e-mail.